God finished His work on the seventh day.
God rested on the seventh day.
God blessed the seventh.
God made the seventh day holy.
How does the truth of God as Creator matter?
As the Creator of all things…
- He is the only One like Himself—nothing compares to Him (Isaiah 44:6-8)
- He exists eternally—He has no beginning and no ending (Psalm 90:2-4)
- He never gets tired nor does He ever sleep (Psalm 121:2-4)
- He doesn’t need food nor does He need anything (Acts 17:24-25)
- He can do anything He pleases (Jeremiah 32:17-19)
- He purposes and always accomplishes His purposes (Isaiah 46:8-10)
- He is the owner and operator of all things (Job 41:11)
- He is ruler over all things (Psalm 47:2-7)
- He knows everything about everything (Isaiah 40:14-28)
- He keeps everything going (Nehemiah 9:6)
- He made all things and nothing exists apart from Him (John 1:1-3)
- He made all things for His glory and everything is for Him (Romans 11:36)