ORIGINS: The Book of Genesis
The Beginning and Meaning of Everything that Matters
No. 10 | Man in the Garden, pt. 2
The Necessity of Man (2:5-7)
- We (humans) are not inherently irrelevant in God’s creation.
- We are intentionally designed to work with God for the good of His creation.
- We are both over His creation (while under Him) and dependent on His creation for the sustaining of our life.
- We are given what we need (e.g. dwelling, food, water, satisfaction, activity) within His creation by a completely trustworthy Creator God.
The Provision for Man (2:8-9, 10-14)
The Responsibility of Man (2:15-17)
For you and I to function as humans in a way that is good, then you and I should:
- work in such a way that is consistent with God’s design, and
- obey Him in such a way that is consistent with His word.